Call us now ! Send us an email Ecorse Taylor United States

Back to Top

Serving Southeastern Michigan
Serving Southeastern Michigan

Lawyers Handling Change of Domicile Matters in Taylor, Michigan

With increasing frequency, Michigan family lawyers are seeing cases in which one parent wishes to leave the state. Parents may want to move for many reasons, most revolving around new employment or new spouses. If you have a child and want to move out of state, and you’re the custodial parent, you must first get written consent or file a motion with the court seeking permission to move. If both parents agree, you both may sign a written agreement. If approved by the court, this will be entered as a court order. If both parties are unable to come to an agreement, the moving party may file a motion with the court seeking a change of domicile. It is important to note that these motions may take several months to be heard and decided by the court, and filing the motion does not give the party a right to move. Several factors go into approval in determining whether to grant a change of domicile, and at All Legal Solutions we’re here to protect the rights of you and your children. Call today for a free consultation.
Change of Domicile - All Legal Solutions